Monday, July 19, 2010

As part of my 7 Day Blog class I am asked to reflect on and post my reflections. Today's questions were about the readers/learners the blog is aimed at and also how to make the blog user-friendly and useful. Question one is the crux of my thinking and reflecting. As a high school principal I think I will want staff members, or at least some of them, to be the intended audience/participators. While there are a good number of things we are and will be learning, the question is “How do I make blogging part of what I do fairly regularly and part of what they have time to do?” Two years ago I tried using a message board with SchoolCenter. It just did not take off much. Until now I sort of let it sit and I have been thinking aboout what I might have done or should do differently. Now I am ready to try and figure that out. This 7 Day Blog work will help and push me.
Once I clarify my thinking and purpose for question 1, I likely will get a better handle on what the learner/readers need. I did get my blog set up and styled some. Generally it is okay (for a beginner). I will continue to see what changes I might want to make. The good news is it is all doable and this short class will get me started in the right direction. Thanks for offering this Stephanie.
Reply

No comments:

Post a Comment